Barrow & Bear Travel is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that
individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing
personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do
otherwise, Barrow & Bear will only collect and use personal information as set out
below. Barrow & Bear is a member of the itravel group.
2. Collection of your personal information
The types of personal information that we collect, hold and disclose will vary depending on the
services and arrangements you request with us. We will only collect personal information
essential to your individual travel arrangements or service requests. We may also collect your
personal information from third parties such as others who make a booking on your behalf.
3. Types of personal information collected
In processing your arrangements or services we may include any or all of the following:
• full name, title and date of birth;
• passport details or other official identification documents such as drivers licence;
• contact phone number, email address and mailing address;
• next of kin and their contact details;
• travel preferences;
• payment information including but not limited to credit card details and expiry date;
• other information relating to your travel arrangements.
1. Sensitive information
In some instances, we are required to collect and hold sensitive information that is necessary to
fulfil your travel requests, such as arrangements for insurance or visa processing. This could
include, but is not limited to, health and medical information, religious practices, dietary
requirements or details of criminal records.
4. How we collect personal information
We collect your personal information in a number of ways including:
• directly from you when you make a booking with us face to face, via email, through our
websites or social media pages, by telephone, text message or other written communications;
• information you register on our websites to receive updates, enter competitions or receive
• other travel companies or service providers;
• third parties who supply services to us;
• domestic and international government bodies;
• our business partners;
• through cookies on our server software.
5. Use of your personal information
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed when required for the following
• to make travel bookings with travel providers and tour operators on your behalf;
• to provide you with a travel quote or request for a product or service;
• to assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators,
cruise lines, car rental operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a
product or service;
• to collect and process payments, through us or a third party;
• to perform all other administrative tasks which may include systems development, staff training,
marketing or customer satisfaction research;
• to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
• using the IP address of visitors to our websites to research and analyse the service or
communication we provide to you;
• to provide you with marketing and promotional materials.
6. Disclosure of personal information:
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
• to travel service providers such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, cruise lines, airlines,
hotels, insurance providers and other service providers for the purpose of providing you with the
travel services as you have requested;
• if required by law enforcement officials, where unlawful activity has been engaged in, or is
suspected of being engaged in.
Some of the travel service providers that we disclose your personal information to may be
located outside Australia. The overseas travel service providers may not have privacy standards
equivalent to the standards imposed in Australia. In some instances, we may also direct you to
another third party website. You accept that it may be the case that these third parties or thirdparty
websites do not have sufficient privacy policies in place.
If you request us not to transfer your personal information to countries outside of Australia, we
may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
7. Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that we collect is stored in a
secure environment. The security measures we have in place to protect your personal
information include the following:
• using secure server software with encryption capabilities;
• firewalls and virus scanning software to protect your data from unauthorised users;
• regularly review and update our security measures to ensure your personal information is
• apply password access across all systems where your personal information is stored;
• using secure networks when communicating electronic data.
8. Accessing and updating your personal information
You are entitled to access and correct your personal information that is held by us. You may
need to verify your identity before we give you access. A reasonable fee may be charged to
cover any costs incurred in providing you with access.
If you ascertain your personal information held by us is inaccurate or out-of-date please contact
us using the address details below and we will take steps to correct the information within a
interests. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard disk and is used by our website to
identify you when you visit the website and to store details about your use of the website.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, or prefer to use the website anonymously, you should
adjust your internet browser settings accordingly.
You can unsubscribe from receiving communications from us at any time. If you do not wish to
receive any further marketing material from us click on the unsubscribe link.
11. Your consent
By using our sites, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Barrow & Bear in
without notification. Changes will be updated to our websites.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, or if there
has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us directly using the
details set out below. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time.
Barrow & Bear Travel Wavell Heights
Shop 15/216 Shaw Road, Wavell Heights Queensland 4012
Phone: 07 3260 7746
Attention: Business Manager